Saturday 16 June 2012




Anna Bisset
Illustration
1984-87

This is a recent sketch, 1 of 3, which will hopefully lead to some finished work for the Bath Re-formed exhibition in October...

I wanted to do something with lots of action rather than the tranquil english landscape, which has been a recurring theme in the past. The subject of "The Olympians" is rather predictable, I know, but I love arranging all the figures and as my students were tied up with a similar project, I got involved with the idea myself. I took my students to see the Elgin Marbles at the British Museum for some background info on the origins of the Olympics. We enjoyed drawing the amazing figures and horses which were full of action and energy. I have included a few images from a visit I made to the Olympic site with the boys - a bus tour around the unfinished site at Easter. We have tickets for the Olympics over the summer, so there may be some more detail to add. At the moment the three images go together to form a sort of frieze, but in watercolours. They may or may not end up as oil paintings - depends on how much time I have. But I think the images do represent what for me has been quite a dramatic year. I am very much looking forward to meeting up with everyone from Bath at the show.

www.annabisset.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment